- The dimensions of the note will be 9.7 x 6.3 cm.
- It will be made of 100 percent rag content. Made with 110 microns thick paper, the weight will be 90 GSM (Grams per Square Meter).
- On the right side of the note ‘Bharat’ will be written vertically.
- The colour of the note will be predominantly pink and green on obverse and reverse in combination with others.
- Ashokan Pillar will be watermarked in the window without the words Satyameva Jayate.
- It contains the words ‘भारत सरकार’ above the words “Government of India” on the reverse side.
- Also, on the reverse side will be the year 2017 on the representation of One Rupee coin with ₹ symbol in floral design.
- The number 1 will be hidden somewhere in the centre.
- The note will have the bilingual signature of Shri Shaktikanta Das, Secretary, Ministry of Finance.
- The note will contain the replica of New Rupee One coin with the rupee ₹ symbol of 2017 issued with ‘Satyameva Jayate’ and capital insert letter ‘L’ in numbering panel.
Thursday, June 1, 2017
New One Rupee notes to be in circulation soon
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Tuesday announced that it will soon put new one rupee denomination notes into circulation. The press release said that the notes have been printed by the Government of India.
The dimension of the note will be 9.7 x 6.3 cm and will be predominantly pink green on the obverse and reverse and it will have multi tonal watermarks.
“These currency notes are legal tender as provided in The Coinage Act 2011. The existing currency notes in this denomination in circulation will also continue to be legal tender,” the RBI press release said.
All You Need to Know About the New One Rupee Note